5 Things to do to get your Provisional patent application Right!
More often Professionals within the organization or start-ups ponder whether they can submit a provisional patent application. And most are challenged to get New Patent Filing correctly and accurately. Another reason for IP Professionals or Start-up Executives is reduce the patent preparation & filing costs.
How do i get it right? Here are some of the to do items that enable to achieve it.
Provisional Application Checklist
- Specify Inventor Details – First Name, Middle Name and Last/Family Name
- Specify Address / Residence of each Inventor – Include city, zip, state, country information
- Title of Invention (max 500 chars)
- Correspondence Address – Address, City, State, Zip, Country, Telephone, Email. Based on who you are include (how you are identifying yourself) – Customer Number or Firm / Individual Name
- Application Data Sheet (as applicable)
- Drawings – No. of sheets
- Specification (description of invention); No. of pages – Provide Background of the invention and Details / Summary of the invention
- Others – specify
Based on your entity type – Large/Big, Small or Micro-entity pay the requisite filing fee.
Key Takeaway – If you are looking for a Do-It-Yourself type of scenario to prepare and file provisional patent application then this list serves as good framework for you.
About VajraSoft Inc. – VajraSoft Inc. is Intellectual Property (IP) Management Software company, helping customers manage innovations and monetize IP’s. Our award winning products empower businesses and IP law firms to automate the patent filing cost estimation process of creating cost estimation quotes for filing a patent in any country globally. VajraSoft Inc. PatFolio helps customers with Invention Disclosures Management, Drafting Patent Applications, filing, managing patent prosecution life cycle and patent maintenance.
VajraSoft Inc. is Master Class IP Solution provider, and its products won several Cloud awards including – UP Start Awards for Best Industry Application for 2012. Silicon India magazine listed VajraSoft Inc. as Top 100 Technology companies in US for 2013. VajraSoft Inc. is also Finalist of StartmeupHK Venture Program, conducted by the Govt. of Hong Kong and UP Start Cloud Award for Best BI / Analytics Application for 2013.
PatFolio not only automates invention disclosure management but also managing patent portfolio and patent prosecution life cycle. In addition, PatFolio provisions various checklists useful for patent filing. Using these checklists IP Professionals can ensure requisite information needed for preparing patent application is available and ready for filing. These patent application checklists save money, time and reduce / eliminate errors in patent application filing with patent office.